Wednesday, October 7th is CALIFORNIA CLEAN AIR DAY
We hope you choose to be part of the effort to bring clean air to Altadena by pledging to do your part on California Clean Air Day. The pledge suggests actions you can take to improve air quality, and, you can include something that is not on the list at the end of the form.
Switch Out Something:
• change or clean your home air filter
• change your car cabin air filter
• replace gas-powered yard tools for electric, or hand-powered tools
• use natural all purpose cleaners only
• buy produce locally
• eat no meat for at least one day
• install an air quality monitor at your home
• plant a home garden or plot in a community garden • plant a tree
• plant an indoor plant in your office and/or home
Reduce Vehicle Emissions:
• leave your car at home. telecommute/attend meetings remotely, walk or bike to the store or transit stop, take public transit, carpool/vanpool
• bring a lunch to work or walk to lunch
• don’t idle your car
• switch from an old gas-guzzler to hybrid or zero emission vehicle
Make your own long term commitment.
For the Kids Pledge:
Bike to school, the store or a park
Walk to school, the store or a park
Grow a seed or plant a garden
Plant a tree
Tell my parents to turn off the car when idling
Give a report to my class on the environment
Do an air quality experiment
Make a craft or art project about the air quality to raise awareness What else you’re doing ?
*Kids receive a Clean Air Kids Pledge certificate
Please share the information with your family and friends.