LA County Community Actions: www.LACounty.gov/covid19
Questions? 211 LA County
Los Angeles County residents, renters, and business owners, including persons with disabilities and others with access and functional needs, may call 211 LA County at any time for emergency preparedness information, and other referral services. The toll-free 2-1-1 number is available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. 211 LA County services can also be accessed online by visiting 211la.org
ALTADENA COMMUNITY NEWS:
AltadenaNews.org via Altadena Library
Here is a list of Altadena Community LOCAL actions we can take during this time. Check back as more info comes available. Keep in mind changes are ongoing, so double check with business before you go. Send your latest local news & updates to share: firstname.lastname@example.org
🛍️ HOW TO SUPPORT LOCAL BUSINESS 🛍️
As we head into a prolonged period of shut down staying home to self quarantine and what will very likely be an even more prolonged economic downturn this year it’s going to more important than ever to find creative ways to support our local businesses. Please support our locals however you can now and beyond. We’re all in uncharted waters and while there will be bailouts for big biz, everyone else is at risk of going under.
HERE IS THE LATEST LIST OF OPEN BUSINESSES:
- Grocery Outlet (Altadena, CA) is working hard to stay stocked and posting regular updates on their FB page and here in the group about what will be coming in and when. As of 3/19 they have special early shopping hours for seniors.
- ALDI USA (2246 N Lake Ave, Altadena, CA) is offering delivery.
- Oh happy days Cafe is still open for groceries and to go prepared food.
- Don’t forget smaller markets, Armen Market, Altadena, Bo’s Altadena Market and Roma Market if you need to pop in for for a critical item or two. All of the smaller, ethnic markets are better stocked and less crowded than the mainstream stores.
- Hoopla is taking phone orders and offering FREE delivery to your home. They carry locally sourced pantry staples like olive oils and balsamic vinegar, olives, honey, tea, and coffee. Plus smoked maple syrup, roasted and flavored almonds, peanuts, and cashews, chocolate bars, granola, tomato and bacon jams, caramels, cookies, and hot pepper jellies. Because they have PO Boxes they are considered essential business and will remain open.
- Alta Eats has been offering their roasties on a regular basis as they shift to carry out only.
- Altadena Ale House has an off license so even if bars are closed, be sure to stop in to buy beer and wine to go and get food.
- Altadena Beverage is also open for your adult beverage needs. Word on the street is they have TP too.
- Altadena Farmers’ Market is taking advance orders for curbside pickup. They have not just produce but baked goods and prepared foods including rotisserie chickens. You can also donate a box to someone in need. *Online order only at www.afm-subscription.com
- Everest Burger is open for to go orders.
- Fair Oaks Burger is open for to go orders.
- Jims burgers is open for to go orders.
- Café De Leche is open for to go orders until 3p daily. They are now offering a new delivery service too. Highlight Coffee Is open for to go orders until 2p daily.
- The Coffee Gallery is temporarily closed.
- Unincorporated Coffee Roasters is taking all of their usual precautions and will deliver or do cur
- Lincoln Pasadena is temporarily closed but offering curbside pickup at Little Flower.
- The Altadena Pie Lady is observing all best practices and offering FREE delivery.
- El Patron is open for take out orders and curbside pickup.
- Tacos Casa will be popping up at Grocery Outlet on Tuesdays for takeaway orders as long as they can.
- Bulgarini Gelato is open for carry out ice cream and pasta.
- Fox’s is now closed. You can order from their sister restaurant Cindy’s in Eagle Rock.
- Pizza Joe’s is available for take out and delivery.
- Pizza Of Venice is still doing prepaid delivery and pick up orders only. No dine in.
- Pinochios Pizza is available for take out and delivery.
- Eggroll Express on Washington will deliver to Altadena.
- Mary’s Sweets & Churros is taking special orders.
- Many local businesses, like Steve’s Pets and Altadena Hardware, are open as “essential business” and will accept a phone order and run your order out to the car. Please call and inquire.
- Steves Bike Shop is open.
- Agua Pura Vida is open.
- Altadena laundromats are considered essential business.
- Altadena Pet Hospital and Vanderhoof Veterinary Hospital are open.
- Lake Chiropractic Center is open MWF with many precautionary safety practices in place.
- Photography By Walt is open for e-services.
Hello PASadena Friends and Collaborators,
According to the LA Times he number of coronavirus cases in California has surged past 3,000, and officials say the COVID-19 growth rate is such that it could overwhelm hospitals in the coming days and weeks and we know that many of you would like to help. Here are a few ways you can help our hospital, your healthcare providers and community healthcare partners.
Donate Medical SuppliesThese are needed supplies to which our community may have access:
- Masks (unused, unexpired medical masks, all kinds)
- we are not-accepting homemade masks at this time
- Medical gloves (unopened, unused boxes only)
- Paper medical gowns (unopened)
- Hand sanitizer (unopened, unexpired only)
- Disinfecting wipes (unopened, unused)
These supplies, particularly the masks, are found in many industries, some of which may be temporarily closed and not currently needed. Here is a partial list of businesses that may be able to help:
- Dentists / Orthodontists
- Construction businesses and contractors
- Woodworking shops
- Manufacturing plants and factories
- Auto shops/body shops
- Nail Salons
- Hardware stores and tool retailers
- Mold remediation companies
- Cleaning companies
You can drop off needed medical supplies to the donation collection center, or contact us and we will see that our medical partners receive them………Huntington Collection……..766 S Fair Oaks Avenue……..Pasadena (Parking lot access off Fillmore)……..Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
If you would like to share donation information with your friends and family members, you can provide them with the general email or pre-recorded phone line:
- (626) 397-5448
Donate BloodBoth Huntington Hospital and The American Red Cross are experiencing severe blood shortages due to an unprecedented number of blood drive cancellations during this coronavirus outbreak. Healthy individuals are needed to donate now to help patients counting on lifesaving blood.
Donating blood is a safe process and people should not hesitate to give or receive blood. Watch this video on the safety and need for blood donations. Right now, eligible and healthy donors are strongly urged to make an appointment to give soon.
Click to schedule at blood donation at:
With gratitude,Collaborate PASadena
* Grocery Outlet is working hard to stay stocked and posting regular updates on their FB page and in the BA group about what will be coming in and when.
By Colorado Blvd News Desk
In support of taking care of senior citizens, Altadena-based Grocery Outlet is offering seniors their own “shopping hour.”
Seniors, sixty years old and over, will be able to shop early in the morning when the store has been cleaned and ready for business.
Senior Citizen Shopping Hour will be every day from 7:00 until 8:00 am while the store is freshly cleaned and stocked.
There will be certain rules during this time-frame:
- It will be for anyone 60 and older.
- No one can come in to shop with their seniors. They can shop at regular hours.
- In order for us to do this, we are going to be partnering with people in our community to give this time to our seniors to shop.
We want to thank you for respecting us during these times for our seniors and I encourage you to please trust us when we say we are doing everything we can to get enough merchandise for everybody. Mario and I thank you for your patience during this time.
The Senior Shopping Hour will start on Thursday morning, 3/19 at 7:00 am. The owners are asking any senior that cannot come to the store due to illness to contact them for arrangements in getting merchandise to them. Kudos for local businesses stepping in time of need.
Grocery Outlet 2270 Lake Ave. Altadena, CA 91001 8:00 am - 10:00 pm (626) 314-2700
Union Station Homeless Services – needs our help!
The shelter is desperately in need of the follow items:
Union Station is also currently in urgent need of these items:
- Smart & Final Gift Cards of any $ amount to help support our food services team (Can be delivered to our Administrative Office – 825 E. Orange Grove Blvd., Pasadena, CA 91104)
- Large/Family Size Frozen Dinners (Can be delivered to the Adult Center – 412 S. Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA 91105)
- Gift cards for local fast food restaurants and grocery stores for our permanent supportive housing residents who will not have access to community food banks during this time. (Can be delivered to our Administrative Office – 825 E. Orange Grove Blvd., Pasadena, CA
Thank you for all of your support. All of your donations are sincerely appreciated!! Contact: Veronica Jones – email@example.com