Safe Streets & Mobility Updates:
Santa Rosa/Woodbury – All Way Stop Intersection
Public Works has begun prep work for the installation of traffic safety improvements at the intersection of Woodbury Road and Santa Rosa Avenue. The striping and sign installation work will begin this week and is expected to be completed within 2 weeks.
The scope of work includes upgrading the intersection to all-way stop control and installing painted crosswalks, additional signage, and pavement striping. These improvements will enhance pedestrian safety at the intersection, especially when crossing Woodbury Road.
See link with additional project and contact information.
Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 7–8:30 p.m. via Zoom
If you are not on our mailing list and would like a link to the meeting: Contact us.
(Note: Meetings are not always recorded.)
• Community Safety Updates
Captain Jabari Williams, Altadena Sheriff’s Station
– 24 Hour Fitness management response / plan to curb thefts and
break-ins (vehicles and lockers)
– Who is responsible for keeping right of way open for
foot travel between curb/edge of road and property lines
– Best way to report right of way issues, short term
rental home infractions, and un-permitted street vendors
Dorothy Wong – Altadena Town Council
– ATC Safe Streets Committee Monthy Meeting, Walk/Bike Audits, LAC Bicycle Plan Community meeting – 11/30 @6PM
Julian Garcia LA County Public Works
– Traffic and safety improvement updates
– Follow-up on the 2023 winter/spring review of Holliston and
Fair Oaks corridors
– Report on current and upcoming road improvements/work
– Plans to incorporate safety measures into that work
– Parkway/landscape requirements along Lake Avenue
– Fair Oaks/Harriet crosswalk
– Signage controls along Lake Ave.Speaker: Adrien Arakelian, LA County Regional Planner
– West San Gabriel Valley Area Plan and its impact on Altadena
Speaker: Nic Arnzen Altadena Town Council
– Other questions raised by ACONA survey, including the
Devil’s Gate Restoration Project