The Altadena Library District is pleased to announce the launch of curbside pickup at the Main Library building! Starting Wednesday, May 20, library cardholders may start placing orders of up to 10 items for curbside pickup, which will begin Thursday, May 21.
How to Place an Order:
- Call (626) 798-0833 on Monday through Saturday, from 10:00am to 4:00pm to place your order and schedule your appointment.
- Library staff will take your order and work with you to schedule a 10-minute curbside pickup appointment at least one business day after your call.
- Curbside Pickup takes place on Monday through Saturday, from 11:00am – 1:00pm and 3:30pm – 5:30pm.
- You will need to let library staff know the color and make/model of the vehicle in which you expect to be picking up your items.
How to Pick Up Your Order:
- Curbside pickup takes place in the Main Library parking lot (600 E. Mariposa Street, Altadena, CA 91001). Parking lot entrance is on Santa Rosa Avenue.
- Upon arrival, you will drive* into the designated Curbside Pickup spots, marked with signs.
- If those spots are full due to a delay or a prior appointment running over, please pull into one of the marked overflow spots.
- You will be asked to present a form of identification and library card through the closed car window so that staff can verify your identity and pull your order correctly.
- Library staff will place your reserved materials on a table adjacent to your parking spot and step back to observe physical distancing protocol.
- You can then step out, pick up your package, and leave any materials you are returning as well.
*Biking and walking pickups are welcome and must also make an appointment ahead of time following the same procedures as drive-in service.
The curbside pickup program is only available at the Main Library.
- All books within the library buildings have been untouched for 9 weeks, far past the time that COVID-19 may exist on surfaces.
- Any books and materials being returned are quarantined for 72 hours before being checked back in and made available for checkout.
- Library staff has been ordered to wear masks their entire shift and gloves while handling all books and materials.
- All community members participating in curbside pickup must wear a mask while interacting with library staff.