Altadena Safe Streets Committee
October 4, 2018 Monthly Meeting – 6:00PM-7:30PM
Altadena Community Center: 730 E. Altadena Drive
Meeting Agenda – Download: Altadena Safe Streets Committee Agenda – October 2018
- Welcome/Introductions/Mapping Safe Streets . What are your Safe Streets concerns, solutions?
- Review September Safe Streets Meeting notes
- 2018-19 Safe Streets Action Plan Updates:
a. Wrap Up Go Human Pop Up Park at Bob Lucas Library
b. Safe Routes to Schools Day – Jackson Elementary/Day One (10/9)
c. Future Safe Routes to Schools Projects
d. Upcoming Street Projects
e. 2019 and beyond: Future Safe Streets Goals
4. Final Thoughts/Comments:
a. Next meeting November 1st – Same Time, Same Place.
ACTION PLAN: The Altadena Safe Streets Committee advocates for safe, inclusive, and healthy streets for all users, regardless of mode and ability by:
- Informing and educating the community of the solutions to safety issues and possibilities offered by “Complete Streets” design.
- Collecting data by centralizing and synthesizing existing data with community-wide concerns and visioning exercises.
- Collaborating with governing bodies and community organizations to proactively propose solutions to transportation safety and mobility problems.