LA County Public Works will resume sediment removal at Devil’s Gate Reservoir on Monday, May 17 and continue its operations through November. Hauling hours are from 7 a.m. to 3:30p.m., Monday through Friday.
LA County Public Works listened to and worked with community stakeholders and implemented mitigation measures to further reduce the impacts of the project on the communities surrounding Devil’s Gate Reservoir and have implemented the measures below and will continue work with the communities to implement other enhancements as needed.
- Upgrading the 2021 hauling fleet in an effort to improve truck emissions performance
- Pre-watering sediment prior to the loading of the trucks
- Watering all loaded trucks before they leave the reservoir to control material from blowing out of truck beds
- Maintaining tire wash stations to remove dirt from tires and undercarriages of trucks
- Street sweepers continuously sweeping paved surfaces, including the truck access ramp and the locally sediment haul routes
For more information on the full range of enhancements at Devil’s Gate Reservoir, visit the website at DevilsGateProject.com. You can also ask questions or share your concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Devil’s Gate Project Hotline at (626) 458-2507