Purpose: The Altadena Safe Streets Committee advocates for safe, inclusive, and healthy streets for all users, regardless of mode and ability by:
- Informing and educating the Altadena community of the solutions to safety
issues and possibilities offered by “Complete Streets” design.
- Collecting data by centralizing and synthesizing existing data with the voices
of Altadenans’ community-wide concerns and visioning exercises.
- Collaborating with governing bodies and community organizations to
proactively propose solutions to transportation safety and mobility problems.
The Safe Streets Committee meets the first Thursday of each month at the Altadena Community Center at 6PM-7:30PM
Stay up to date on the Safe Streets Facebook Page.
Safe Streets Committee Chair: Dorothy Wong
The members of the committee are:
- Dorothy Wong, Councilmember CT4603.01
- Veronica Jones, Councilmember CT 4610
- Jazmine De La Torre
- Anne Chomyn
- Tom Reilly
- Pat Pipkin
- Gina Chamberlain